Saturday, January 19, 2008

Welcome to Wait Til Next Century!

Welcome to Wait Til Next Century!

This site is the latest in sports commentary and news on the Web.

Named in honor of the Chicago Cubs' centennial anniversary of its last World Series championship in 1908, this is kind of my answer to Bill Simmons' "The Sports Guy" column at ESPN's Page 2. This mean that while the Sports Guy tends to focus his writing on following Boston teams to an almost sickening point (though I still count myself a fan of his work), Wait Til Next Century! will focus on primarily the Midwest, especially Chicago teams and the schools in the great state of Iowa.

At the same time, I am a fan of just about every sport out there, ranging from the big four here in the U.S.A. to world soccer and even rugby and cricket as I learn more about them.

So sit back, take in the news and views and feel free to contribute your own in the comments section.

No comments: